News report below shows Blackpink’s top single Pink Venom has been excluded from the KBS charts and Knetizens have been discussing this since the news broke.
It has been confirmed that Black Pink’s new song ‘Pink Venom’ was judged ‘unsuitable’ in KBS’s own deliberation and excluded from the chart of the major music program ‘Music Bank’.
According to the music industry on the 5th, ‘Pink Venom’ was omitted from ‘Music Bank”s own chart ‘K-Chart’ in the first week of September.
On the other hand, Black Pink’s ‘Lovesick Girls’ released in 2020 and ‘As If It’s Your Last’ released in 2017 contrasted with each other, ranking 38th and 40th on the charts, even after many years.
A KBS official explained, “As a result of the deliberation, the song was judged not to be broadcast, so it was not possible to enter the rankings.”
According to KBS’s ‘Gayo Review Results’ on the 24th of last month, ‘Pink Venom’ was judged as ‘ineligible’ for ‘violation of Article 46 of the Broadcasting Review Regulations, such as mentioning the brand of a specific product’.
It seems to have taken issue with the mention of French luxury brand ‘Celine’ in the lyrics of ‘Pink Venom’.
In this case, since terrestrial TV is the main channel for promoting new songs, it is common for the agency to revise the problematic part and request review again. However, it is known that the agency YG Entertainment did not request a reconsideration because some of the lyrics were modified.
1. It’s not a group that has to risk its life for BLACKPINK to play 10 seconds and 15 seconds on a broadcast or play it once on the radio. I don’t think it doesn’t matter if I can’t play on the radio.
2. It doesn’t matter because they don’t go to Mubang because they can’t appear on all kbs shows, so they can’t play it on the radio either.
3. It’s not a big deal. It’s quite common to see ineligible listings under certain trademarks.
4. It’s a common thing, and BLACKPINK doesn’t have to come out with MUBANG, so it doesn’t matter
5. My idol also edits the lyrics and promotes haha But since BLACKPINK doesn’t go to MUbang, there’s no need to edit it
6. The brand name was taken very carefully ㅇㅇ My idol was also ineligible because it had a brand name in it.
7. They admit that they were judged ineligible because of the lyrics / they admit that they don’t need to change the lyrics because they don’t even go to BLACKPINK, so they don’t have to go through a re-examination
8. It’s not a vague expression, it’s a trademark reference, so I can’t even say anything. The disposition of the broadcasting station is understandable enough
9. What the hell are these idiots talking about anonymously? BLACKPINK has never been out of MUbang since their debut. So I don’t think there will be any changes this time around, and Mu-bang did what it had to do, and YG’s side didn’t go, so I guess I’m not going to fix it, but that’s the thing to exaggerate self-consciousness while driving fans, right?
10. It’s like what KBS is doing on purpose.. Haha Why is it that public broadcasters say they’re going to do some work, but they say they won’t have any regrets?